I came to work on coding up some new estimators for material presence by differential X-ray absorption but I didn't have the theory finished. So the time was spent working on the theory and no coding happened...
I hooked everyone on Spam Assassin. http://spamassassin.taint.org/ It's a scoring spam filter -- different patterns in the message add or subtract from the score, and if it's over a certain value it's marked as spam. I also built a new IRC daemon for the community.tummy.com machine. This one doesn't take so long making an ident connection, it only tries for 3 seconds.
Went wireless for the first time, after a kernel recompile and some diddling with pcmcia config. Continued working on an addressboook/contacts ruby application, finished up the config file parsing and started in on the web interface using ruby-tmpl. Sent Kevin some spam to test out SpamAssassin. Also looked at the SpamAssassin rules to figure out what types of features constitute "high-quality" spam.
Got far too hyper off of a couple of Sole's triple shot larges before the meeting started, resurrected RDBrowse from CVS cold storage and swapped in that part of my memory preparatory to adding rdoc support for a new release, started a badblocks scan of a five year old PCMCIA hard drive (which will hopefully finish before Kevin's OpenOffice build...), and finally decided on an authentication and authorization scheme for a semi-public 802.11b node. Tried to pin the blame for the existence of CORE and BURN on Jeremy.
Worked on the openoffice build. (Trying to make it an rpm). Setup spam assassin on my home machine and got it working.
Got wireless working. Did some upgrades on debian on the laptop. Helped test Kevin's spamassassin install with various spams. Wrote and Compiled some C programs.