Hacking Society Meeting Page
Date: 2005-04-05 22:48:58.193658
Body: Drank coffee. Ran into a colleague from work which suprised both of us. Worked on a python script; the goal of the script is to clean up my evolution mail directories from the hazards of rsync. The summary files say what should be in the directory but it looks like there's other cruft left over.
User: Anthony Earl
Date: 2005-04-05 22:28:45.323129
Body: Configured a new name server.
Date: 2005-04-05 22:47:17.162854
Body: Close a bug in the Python tracker. commented on a couple of others. Helped NCIC with their BGP routing. Problems with adding a new BGP route. Regretfully, failing because the new configuration is beyond my knowledge of BGP. I think I understand what's happening, but not how to fix it. We're trying to announce a route that someone else is giving to us, but it's not getting advertised to our peers because they are announcing that route to us.
Date: 2005-04-06 11:06:50.943970
Body: I didn't physicallty make the meeting last night, but got a tremendous amount done on PyKon (Python Ikon), the image gallery application I am working on in Nevow. There's no good python image gallery application out there, and PyKon is an attempt to address this issue.
Here's the sourceforge site: http://pykon.sf.net
And here's the developer site: http://projects.adytum.us/tracs/PyKon
Here are the svn commit comments from last night (most recent comments are last):
* Added Gallery and Album classes to pykon.images as well as updated the Image
class to store data in specified directories.
* Created configuation file, data structures, and class.
* Updated setup.py and INSTALL.
* Renamed pykon.images to pykon.storage.
* Renamed forms.IImage to forms.IUploadImage.
* Warning: with these changes, PyKon is now broken. Until the
management/viewing URL scheme is hammered out, there will be no way to pass
the gallery names and album names, and thus the form(s) will not work
until this is fixed.
* Added a template for the root of the site.
* Started creating children and new root in pykon.pages.
* Added pykon.forms.IManageGlobal.
* Added pykon.storage.IGalleries and storage.Gallery.
* Fixed setup.py to install templates.
* Updated TODO file.
* Added a sandbox with the Nevow uploaded example in it.
* Made changes to the sandbox to write files to an arbitrary directory. There
were no issues in doing this. This has led me to the conclusion that the
broken stuff in the gallery creation has to do with the way the data store
stuff is setup for the gallery.
Date: 2005-04-05 22:51:38.660369
Body: Showed Dangerjim prboom -- classic Doom for Linux. Looked for xntpd package for FreeBSD after Sean told me about a known bug with FreeBSD and heartbeat. It's been replaced by ntpd, but I'll probably need to look into it more soon. Tried to help Brain get the 2.6.10 kernel.org kernel configured under Fedora Core 3, so that he could disable CONFIG_4KSTACK and hopefully avoid some problems with the NDIS wrapper for his wireless card. Looked at unusual food with Dangerjim, natto and akara.